Monday 17 September 2012

Quick trip home.

As most weekends do, this past weekend went by way too quickly. Since school has just started, I didn't have any homework or studying to do over the weekend... so I got to make a day trip home to my farm. Yesterday, my boyfriend, his sister and her boyfriend stopped at Tim Horton's and then were on the road for the 2.5 hour trip home. I was home by lunch time and my mom came to pick me up (so I could spend a couple hours at home).

My mom noted on the 15 minute drive home (I grew up on a farm), that I had never just come home for just one day before but that she really looked forward to seeing me. It was a very condensed trip but I was home from 1:00 until 3:30 and I managed to visit with both my parents, quickly see my cousins, pick vegetables from the garden for my sister, take pictures of the fall sights on the farm, and love on my animals. All in all, it was a wonderful trip and I will always cherish every minute I get to spend with my family.

Then I went in to my boyfriends house to celebrate Sarah (his sisters) 26th birthday. We ate a delicious roast beef supper, visited with his parents and grandparents, and then had some yummy homemade cheesecake (thanks to his mom). We hit the road to head back to Winnipeg and got home at around 9:00p.m.

I'm sure the short trip home will help me get through these next couple weeks until Thanksgiving. I always miss home because I am so close to my family and I love farm life but I know it will always be there. Right now, this is a time in my life where I need to experience new things and discover who I am. I mean I don't mind living in the city but I hope one day I can move back closer to home and enjoy the country life once again.

Over these next couple of weeks, school really starts to pick up for me. I will have assignments, exams, and labs due but I've made it through the first 2 years of University, so I know I can make it through another one. All it takes is a little bit of focus, determination, and hard work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)