Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy Halloween!

So it's been awhile since I wrote a blog post but lately life has been pretty good. This past weekend I had a nice relaxing time spent at home doing a whole lot of nothing, which is exactly what I needed. On Sunday, Brandon got in to a car accident on his way home from the bowling alley so to cheer him up, Sarah and I decided to take him out for appetizers in the afternoon and then Brandon and I went to see "Pitch Perfect" that evening. It was an awesome movie and a great way to end off the weekend! However,  we're pretty sure that the Focus is written off. I'll keep you posted on those details.

Now it's Wednesday and it's officially Halloween! Last night, we decided to carve pumpkins. We started with 4 pumpkins but then Brandon decided we needed more pumpkins to carve so he ran to the store and we ended up with 7 pumpkins in total. We're hoping that having this many pumpkins lit up will attract more kids to come to our door trick or treating. We'll see if it works! Below is pictures of the beautiful outcome :)

Ghost, scary faces, owl, witch, and bats.


My owl! :)

Cleo looks like he saw a ghost!
My owl pumpkin took me about 2 hours to carve but I was happy with the outcome so it was worth it! We also decided to save all the seeds and we made 3 flavours including creamy dill, seasoned salt, and garlic. They're so delicious!

I didn't go out to celebrate Halloween this year but I think our night of carving pumpkins was festive enough for me!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)