Tuesday 23 October 2012

Home.

This past weekend I had a great time at home. Brandon and I left the city at about 10 p.m. after his Friday night bowling league, so I didn't get home until about 12:30 a.m. My aunt, uncle and 3 cousins stayed at my house this weekend so when I got home my parents and aunt and uncle were still awake so we visited for awhile. 

Then Saturday was the day where we were finally laying Melissa to rest. It has been over 2 years since she passes away but at that time my aunt and uncle and her kids were simply going through too much, so they waited until now. She was buried in a beautiful blue and purple urn and then placed in an oak box made specially by my uncle and cousin. The family gathered around shared some memories, placed roses and pictures in the box, and then laid her to rest. There were tears shed and I simply felt my heart breaking. I have mentioned before that I have experienced a great deal of loss in my short lifetime but it never gets easier. I was glad that she was buried beside my Grandpa and my other cousin Brad. My Grandma mentioned during the ceremony that all 3 of them would be up in heaven playing cribbage and it's so true, this thought alone warmed my heart a little. The rest of Saturday evening we ate crazy amounts, had fireworks, shared memories, played games, and laughed in her memory. 

Sunday the family came over to our house for brunch where we once again ate way too much food. Then we visited and had cake because it was my Grandma's birthday. Sunday evening I ate supper at Brandon's house with his family and then we headed back to the city and back to the daily grind of school and homework. I can't wait until I get to go home again on Remembrance Day weekend!

Here's a few photos from this past weekend:

Amanda & Sam, my little cousins.
My Missy :)
My dad's family.
Amanda, Me, Sam.
My mom with her in-laws.
 My 2nd cousins on my dad's side. Brydon, Liam, Dylan, Aleha, Dallas & Devon.
Nicole, Mike and Aunty Stacy professional chefs.
Dad and Annalynn on the quad.
Grandma blowing out her candles.

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)