Saturday 15 December 2012

Christmas Questions

I decided to answer some Christmas questions because it's always nice to reflect on traditions! Christmas is a huge time of year for my family and I am soooo excited that it is so close :) 

25 Christmas Questions
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate?
Hot Cocoa, preferably tea.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Always wrap. Unwrapping gifts is the best part!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Colored!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
We usually hang a fake mistletoe over our couch.
5. When do you hang your decorations up?
Most years, the beginning of December. This year I haven't been home since the beginning of November so Mom did all of the decorating without us girls! I did decorate a bit around the house here though :)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Honestly can't choose. I just love food in general!
7. Favorite holiday memory.
Soo many! I loved sharing a bed with my sister Christmas Eve (so Grandma could stay over), eating waffles with strawberry/rhubarb sauce Christmas morning, and scratching lotto tickets and playing games Christmas day!
8. What is on your Christmas wish list?
Not a whole lot. I would like an infinity scarf, crochet headband, mocassins, loose tea, books, workout dvds, colorful pants, and a purse.
9. Do you open a gifts on Christmas Eve?
No not usually.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
We start with lights, beads, and garland. Followed by our ornaments (all from our childhood).

11. Snow? Love it or dread it?
Living in Manitoba, you have no choice. Always tons of snow at Christmas!
12. Real tree or fake tree?
Used to always do real when we were little, then we stopped for a few years. This year though, we are going back to real!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
There is no way I can pick a favourite. 

14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you?
This is very obvious, spending time with my family. Also now that I am in University, it is important to unwind, relax, and de-stress.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Homemade chocolates!
16. What is your favorite tradition?
Already touched on this but waffles before presents, than opening stockings, scratching lotto tickets, playing board games, and usually watching a movie Christmas night!
17. What tops your tree?
Used to always be an angel that my sister made when she was little. That fell apart, so now I actually don't remember what we used last year!
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Definitely giving. I love planning out what I want to buy everyone and then searching for the perfect gift! Now that I am a poor student, I just don't like how expensive Christmas is but I plan on making some presents too :)
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I love all Christmas music!
20. Candy canes, yuck or yum?
Delicious! I usually eat way too many. I like peppermint and other fruity flavours too.
21. Favorite Christmas movie?
The Grinch, Elf, and Home Alone.
22. What do you leave for Santa?
Cookies/chocolates and milk!
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?
Already mentioned!
24. Do you prefer to shop on-line or at the mall?
The mall usually. This year I have gotten more into etsy and online shopping though!
25. Christmas letter or Christmas card?
Neither yet. Probably won't send out Christmas cards until I have kids!

Can't believe Christmas is only 10 days away!

Can't wait to get home to my farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)