Tuesday 18 December 2012

3 years

Yesterday was a special day for me. It signified that Brandon and I had been dating for 3 years. It got me thinking about the journey we've been on the past 3+ years and how we fell in love. I remember my friends telling me for months and months before we started dating that I secretly liked him. I always denied having feelings for him and swore that "we would always just be best friends". After a year or more of being pushed around and used by my ex boyfriend, I finally started to realize that I maybe did have feelings for Brandon. After I let down my guard, things progressed pretty quickly.

December 17th, was my best friend in high schools birthday and it was also the date of a high school dance. Quinn (my best friend), Brandon, and I decided to skip the dance and head to Quinn's house to watch a movie. We watched a movie and then Brandon and I left to head home. In Quinn's drive way, Brandon finally asked me out, we shared our first kiss, and this is where our story officially began.

In the past 3 years, we have been through many ups and downs but our love has never faltered. The January after we started dating, my grandpa passed away. This was a very hard time for me and yet Brandon was right there beside me to comfort me. We graduated together, moved to Winnipeg together, started at different Universities, went through the death of my cousin together, recently went through the death of a close family friend together, and many other ups and downs. Brandon truly is my best friend.

Yesterday, we slept in until noon, had lunch together, picked up a beautiful flower bouquet that Brandon bought me, did some Christmas shopping, went out for supper at Mongo's, watched Sarah's soccer game, and then spent our night watching our favourite t.v shows. It was the perfect way to celebrate three years of love.

Us by our Christmas tree.

My beautiful flowers!

Brandon was getting sick of our photo shoot.
Us being silly! :)
 Here is to many more years of silliness and love.

4 comments:

  1. Cuuuute!! This made me all giddy on the inside! I'm so happy for you guys...Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Dylan....congrats, guys! It's been a long time. I hope you both are enjoying your holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)