Wednesday 30 January 2013

Things that make me happy

Today, I just thought I would share a few things that make me happy! :)

1. Bubble baths
Personally, there is nothing more relaxing to me than a bubble bath. Add in some wine, candles, and a good book and I could spend a good chunk of my day in the bath tub!

2. Reading
I mentioned this in number 1 but I love reading. When I was younger, I used to despise reading even though my whole family loves to read. Eventually one day I decided to give it a try (reading for fun) and ever since I love reading! There is nothing better than getting lost in a book.
I'm loving my kobo that Brandon bought me for Christmas!

This is what I'm currently reading. I love all her books!
3.Things that are handmade or thrifted
Ever since I graduated high school, I have become addicted to thrift shops, garage sales, and handmade/fair trade products. It might be because I am a poor student and really have no extra funds for things such as clothes or books... so I much prefer to get these items for CHEAP! Nothing makes me happier than a good deal or bargain.

4. Animals
Growing up, we always had pets (dogs, cats, and a rabbit) so I quickly learned how special a connection can be with animals. Animals don't judge you or hurt you, they simply just love you unconditionally. They give kisses, cuddles, and plenty of laughter.

5. TV Shows
I have mentioned before how I am unable to watch a whole movie without sleeping, so tv shows are much easier for me to watch. Some of my favourites include: One Tree Hill, Heartland, Hart of Dixie, The Bachelor, The Biggest Loser, Property Brothers, Love it or List it, The Ellen Show, The Voice, The Next Great Baker, etc.



6. Candles
I love having candles going all the time! I have to be careful though because the stronger scents give me a really bad headache.

My favourite, it smells so delicious without being too strong.
7. Owls & Elephants
Anybody that knows me well, will know that I am in love with both of these animals. I have WAY too many items with these items on them. Off the top of my head, I have more then 10 owl necklaces, an owl cookie jar, an owl bird feeder, 5+ owl figurines, 5+ owl rings, etc. Do you get the point? I am a little obsessed!

8. Brandon
He really is the love of my life. Even though some days he drives me crazy, he really does mean everything to me. We're best friends and he's always thinking about me and finding cute little ways to show it. He'll randomly buy me little gifts to remind me he cares or he'll make me a snack when I'm busy studying, he's such a sweetheart!

9. Working out
That feeling I get after I work out is one of pure accomplishment and happiness. I always feel proud of myself for getting through it and I always have a lot more energy afterwards! It makes me happy and I need to remember that when I fall off track.


10. Family
My family is very special to me and they each hold a very dear spot in my heart. My sisters are like my best friends and my parents are always there supporting me and loving me. We really are a close knit family and I LOVE nights that we spend together having drinks, visiting, playing games, and just being together!

Steph, Me, Ash, & Mom
      
Me (with blonde hair), Steph, & Ash

My dad's family (my dad is laying in the front)
 I just thought this was an appropriate post for me this week because it's always nice to remember how many things you have in life that make you happy. Lately I have been feeling so stressed out and anxious (mostly about school) but life is short and it's important to do fun, relaxing, and enjoyable things everyday. Life really isn't so bad!
        

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. I'm with you on all of them except... #4 - Animals and I do NOT get along.
    #6 - Love them so long as I don't have to light them! If there is such a thing as a fear of lighting candles, I've got it!
    # 8 - That would just be weird :)

    Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)