Friday 1 February 2013

Fit Friday #3

Let me just say, I can't believe it's already February! What the heck happened to January?!

So I wish I had lots to report on for my 3rd "Fit Friday", however this which has kind of been a dud. I went home last weekend and although I didn't workout, I did go for a long walk each day with my family and dog. Monday-Wednesday was a different story though. I felt lazy and unmotivated which was a change from the previous 2-3 weeks where I would be looking forward to my workouts. Last night, I talked Brandon in to working out with me (he only does this with lots of bribing) and we decided to combine a couple workouts and do them while watching tv.

We did these 2 workouts:






I can honestly say that we only did 1 round of the 2nd workout instead of 4 rounds, but we definitely still felt the burn. The hardest moves for me are always pushups and burpees (because of my arm) and wall sits are also killer. They remind me of rugby because my coach would make us do wall sits for an insane amount of time... I remember holding it for 5 minutes one time. Trust me, going up stairs killed me for a week after that! Follow me on pinterest for more

Since there isn't much to report on the fitness/diet front, I thought I would write down a few goals I hope to achieve in February. I know I  wrote a post on New Years resolutions but I am hoping to actually stick with them and by tracking my goals each month, it will help me stay focused. 

1. Workout at least 4 times per week.
2. Make more time to read for fun. Whether it be before bed or between classes.
3. Think of something cute/simple/cheap to make for Brandon for v-day!
4. Drink more water everyday. This will help keep away headaches and will increase my energy.
5. Find the joy in volunteering again. I volunteer with WUSC at my university and lately it has felt like a chore. We have some super awesome events coming up, so I am ready to start enjoying it again!
6. Find/make awesome presents for my sister Ashley. She has been in Europe for the past 5 months, so she missed Christmas. We are having a mini Christmas when she arrives home and it's also her birthday Feb 24th, so I have to get my creative juices flowing!

I think setting 6 mini goals is an attainable amount for February. Usually February is crazy with exams and papers at school but this semester for me is fairly chill... so I should have plenty of time to reach these goals. I will report in March on how I did :)

Have a great weekend everyone! :)    












2 comments:

  1. So proud of the workout you've done! You're an inspiration for me to get my butt in gear! Just found your blog and have enjoyed your writing! I'm excited to read more.

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    thelifeofbon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bonnie! Believe me, if I can do these workouts, so can you :)

      Delete

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)