Tuesday 5 February 2013

Scatter Brained

I feel like I have so much going on in my life and a lot to look forward to in 2013 and it is making me a little anxious. Not necessarily in a bad way but definitely in a way that distracts from anything school related. I dread writing papers (nothing new there) because I can't focus my attention for very long. I also find myself skimming over my favourite blogs instead of soaking them in and I find it difficult to focus on a particular show for too long. I also feel like my bog doesn't really have a clear direction right now and most days I am lacking in solid content to post. I'm sure this will change but I don't want to find myself posting too much random, pointless stuff on here either.

I thought sharing some of these thoughts might help me clear my mind. So here they are:

  • Last week a great job opportunity popped up for Brandon with the Government doing Property Assessment (exactly what he is taking courses for), so we are eagerly waiting on more information and to see if he will get the position. It's a 1 year position and it's in Brandon so it would kind of shift our future "plans" but it's a super exciting opportunity!
  • Even though I don't have many followers (yet), I have always wanted to grow this blog, do more link-ups, get to know more bloggers, and maybe even some day buy a specialized blog design. I seriously check out different blog designs almost daily but I know it would be a waste at this stage of the game. I guess I'll keep dreaming...
  • I also really wish that I could start taking more and better pictures. The only way I usually take pictures is with my blackberry because I rarely carry my camera around, so I can't wait until my contract is up and I can get a new phone (that takes nice pictures). I also can't wait because then I can finally get instagram!
  • I am SUPER jealous of my parents who left for Mexico today for 10 days. While they are in +30 weather drinking lots of margaritas and having a blast, I will be writing midterms and freezing my little bum off!
  • I am pumped that reading week is so soon. I actually can't believe that it is only 8 more school days until we are halfway done this semester... it almost seems surreal! I can't wait to go home and spend time with my family :)
  • I officially found out that my sister is coming home from Europe on February 21st!!!!! She has been gone since the beginning of October and it seriously seems like it's been forever. We have had limited contact because of poor internet on her part, so it will be super exciting to see her and take in all her stories and adventures!
  • I got my first A+ on a paper today in Sport Ethics! I was totally not expecting that high of a mark and I almost asked my professor if he had made a mistake... I'll just say my dreaded Tuesday quickly turned into a great day! :)
I told you it was going to be random and scattered (exactly how my brain always functions). I guess it's time to go and be productive. I have a paper due Thursday that I haven't even started (procrastination at its finest!)

My beautiful sister and I!

Have a great Tuesday everyone! :

3 comments:

  1. Was that the crazy paper we were talking about on FB?!?! A+??! Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Kerri! Way to go!!!

    I am EXTREMELY excited for Reading Week myself. This is always the hardest part of the year, but I'm starting to feel a lot better. Spring is in the air and the end of the school year is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)