Friday 19 April 2013

Coffee Date

If we were having coffee together on this sunny and bright Friday morning, I would have so much to share with you but first I would pour a big, fresh cup of vanilla bean coffee. Then I would tell you that everything seems to be falling in to place for me and that I am excited for the next chapter of my life.

First of all, I would share that I am DONE 3 YEARS OF UNIVERSITY! This is so surreal for me to say and think about. I swear it was just yesterday that I was a timid 18 year old walking in to the University of Winnipeg for the first time. These past 3 years have really flown by and I have mixed emotions about being done my schooling at UofW. I have made so many amazing friends and I really did fall in love with the atmosphere and culture surrounding university life. However, the next chapter of my life is equally as exciting! I am thankful that I will only be 2.5 hours away from Winnipeg, so I can come back and visit frequently.
Yesterday was a goooood day. Happy girl, don't mind my smirk!
I would also tell you that I applied for a summer job at the Brandon Research Center with the Agricultural department. I unexpectedly received an email about this job last week and on a whim decided that it was worth a try. Well fast forward to yesterday, halfway through my final exam of the semester (it was done at home online), I got an email saying I GOT THE JOB! I definitely should not have opened my emails during my exam because it was impossible to contain my excitement for the last hour and a half of my exam. It seems like a challenging and exciting job with consistent hours and good pay! I can't really ask for much more right now :)

As well, I would confess my excitement for so many upcoming events in my life over the next couple weeks! This season of my life is just super exciting and I couldn't be much happier right now. Today, I am supposed to meet my friend Jenna for a later lunch at my favorite restaurant Stella's. Tonight, I am having a wine and nail date with Sarah (Brandon's sister). Tomorrow, Brandon and I are going to the Jets game and it turns out it is going to be a big game that determines if they get into the playoffs. Sunday, I am doing taxes with my sister and her boyfriend (seems like something strange to be excited for, but I enjoy all the time I spend with my sister). Next week will consist of a lot of packing since we move home next weekend sometime. Next Saturday I am going in a scrabble tournament with Ashley and then we're heading home to Minnedosa after the tournament. Next Sunday, my mom, Ash and I head to Saskatoon to move my sister Stephanie home. Then on May 2nd to 5th, we're heading to Minneapolis for a mini-vacay before Brandon and I start our summer jobs. Then I start my summer job May 6th. Phew- life is so busy and exciting! Check back for updates about all of these happenings :)

Lastly, I would tell you that Brandon and I went out for drinks with our friends Sarah and Sandra last night to celebrate since I'm done university and Brandon wrote his exam last night too. It was a lot of fun but for some reason I woke up with Brandon at 7 a.m. when he left for work and never got back to sleep! So much for sleeping in on my first day of my vacay. It could have been partially to do with this rash I have that is on my belly and back which is super painful. It has only been getting worse all week, so I think I better go see a doctor today. I have a feeling it could be shingles, but I'm hoping that I'm wrong!

Anyways, enough rambling about myself and my life.
What would you tell me if we had coffee together today?
Are you a lover of coffee like me?
Share all your exciting news, I love hearing from my readers :)

Happy Friday! Here's to a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with Rags to Stitches



2 comments:

  1. Wow Kerri! I got excited just reading about all the stuff happening in your life! Aannnnd...it would be SO much more better for you and I to actually go out and catch up, so let's do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please! That sounds like a lovely idea :)

      Delete

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)