Monday 1 April 2013

easter weekend

This past weekend, I headed home to see my family and celebrate Easter! I watched Brandon bowl for a bit on Thursday evening and then picked up Andy (my sister's boyfriend) and we started the 2.5 hour trek to Minnedosa. When I got home, my sister Steph was already home from Saskatoon and we all visited for awhile. My sisters and I ended up staying up until 1 a.m. visiting, gossiping, and catching up!

On Friday, my two younger cousins Sam & Amanda came out to my house (and Scout of course) and we decorated some eggs, had easter egg hunts, and visited!

As you can tell, nobody was interested in looking up for pictures.
 After Sam & Amanda left, we went on a family walk, went to visit the cows, and then got ready for the craziness to ensue. In other words, prepare for my moms crazy family to show up at our place. We decorated more eggs, ate way too much, and hid more eggs for my younger cousins. It is always nice to see my family!

Mr. Jinx!
My momma's 50th birthday flowers!




Missy girl!
Mom & Dad

Still so much snow & it's April!




Roxy. My sisters heifer from her early days in 4-H.

My sisters.

Aunty Kathryn & Jess decorating eggs.





Brittany & Annalyn
Titan! I watched him for a bit Friday night.

Sister love
My crazy family! I look completely dazed.

On Saturday, Ash and I decided to head to the Winter Fair in Brandon. We got to see a ton of cute animals at the petting zoo (even a baby kangaroo), walk through the trade show rooms, eat ridiculous amounts of fattening food, watch the super dogs, and see a contortionist perform. It was a lot of fun & then I head home to chase cows, eat supper, and have a relaxing Saturday night!

As well, Brandon is officially going to Newfoundland at the end of May for Nationals after his team and him won at the Provincial Open Championship! I am so beyond proud of him, he is an amazing bowler and he is always kicking butt. :)

So many adorable animals!

 On Sunday, I woke up and had breakfast with my sister before she headed back to Saskatoon. Then my aunt, uncle and cousins stopped by for a visit. After that we headed over to my auntie Barb's house for lunch with my dad's side of the family. My auntie has a catering business and always makes a crazy amount of delicious food! It was really nice to see family I don't get to see very often. Then I head back home and had a quick visit with one of my best friends from high school, Justine! It was short but so nice to see her :) Finally, I headed in to Brandon's house and had another amazing supper with his family. Overall, I ended up eating way too much food this past weekend but I have no regrets... it was so yummy!

This week is my final week of classes. Now there are only 2 papers and 4 exams standing between summer time and me... I cannot wait! Bring on summer time :)

Have a great week everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)