Monday 11 November 2013

Being the "best me"

Lately, I have definitely been struggling and I've certainly not been the best me possible. I'm busy and easily overwhelmed. I hate when things don't go my way (don't we all?). I have been consistently late to everything lately,  whether it's work or class or visits with friends. I have been struggling to manage my time effectively and in turn its making me a miserable, awful person. More times than I care to admit, I have yelled at Brandon or called him names or told him to shut up. I feel terrible. On Saturday,  I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I was grumpy as soon as my eyes opened. I was upset that I had to bake and didn't have time to workout. I was not a pleasant person to be around. I have always had anger problems but today it dawned on me. Some things in life are inevitable. Some days its not possible to fit in everything you wish to do. Fretting over it and being grumpy and unreasonable is not acceptable. I want to try and be a better girlfriend,  daughter, friend, sister, and person. In order to keep myself accountable I made a list of things that I can do in order to be a nicer and happier person.

Things to help me keep calm & happy:
  ◇ turn on some upbeat and uplifting music daily and dance, sing and enjoy yourself.
  ◇ put on your workout clothes and shoes and get moving. Whether its for 10 minutes or 40 minutes, it is valuable and you will feel much much better.
  ◇ think of others before yourself. Buy someone elses coffee at starbucks, hold a door for someone, send random happy mail to friends and family. It could help make someone's day that much brighter.
  STOP what you're doing for 5 minutes a meditate. Calm your brain and feel grounded again. Deep breathes and silence will do great things.
  next time you're about to complain, think befote you do. Complaining is a waste of time and energy. Sometimes life sucks and days are hard to get through but a positive attitude will always help.
  cuddle maggie, jinx or missy and feel loved. Pets will love you unconditionally and its important to soak up those moments while they last.
  clean or organize, it will help things to be less chaotic and more relaxed.
  put down your phone and stay off social media whether ir be for an hour or a whole day. Life does go on without it and there are so many others things in life that are just waiting to be enjoyed.
  make more time for things you enjoy. Some things that come time mind are baking, cooking, crafting, reading, and having a bubble bath.

It is important to keep In mind that we all make mistakes and have bad days.  Own it, aplogize to those you hurt and move on. Tomorrow is a brand new day, make it the best day possible. Make time to enjoy yourself and all those people who you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)