Monday 23 June 2014

The Best Kind of Sunday

Sundays have always been one of my favourite days. I like to spend them relaxing and rejuvenating for the week to come. Yesterday was the perfect kind of Sunday and just what I needed after a full day of work on Saturday.

Brandon and I slept in until 10 which was blissful, we then got out of bed and made hashbrowns, sausages, and eggs for brunch. We then facetimed my mom and sister and talked with them while drinking our coffee on the patio. We realized it was going to shape up to be a super nice day, so we decided we wanted to spend some time outside soaking up the sun. We made a quick trip to Walmart to pick up some essentials and then we packed up a delicious picnic and headed to Assiniboine Park. We walked around the park for a bit, then set up our blankets and food under the shade of a tree. Then we decided to sun tan a bit and read our books. Right before we headed home, we hit up Sargent Sundae and grabbed some delicious ice cream. A peanut butter, marshmallow sundae for Brandon (his favourite) and a dipped swirl cone covered in dark chocolate and peanuts for me!

On the way home, we stopped at the liquor store to grab some gin and wine. We then sat on the patio sippin' our G&T's and playing cards. We ate a late supper of grilled chicken, baked potatoes, and asparagus and peas. We were in bed by 10:30 and our amazing day was officially over. I'm so thankful for awesome Sunday's spent with my incredible man! Life is so, so good.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)