Monday 31 August 2015

Birthday Love

Somehow, Monday snuck up extra quickly on me this weekend and I am not to impressed. However this past weekend was one for the books, so I can't complain too much!

Friday night we went with my friend Danielle to a BBQ and then she came back to our house and we played a board game, chatted, and drank tea.

Saturday we were up and out the door early to get to Winnipeg. We picked up our friend Laurel and met my sister Ashley at the farmer's market. We looked around at all the vendors, bought some salsa making ingredients, and indulged in some delicious spring rolls! Then it was off to Old Navy and the mall for a couple more hours of shopping. I got some boots, clothes from Old Navy, and a new cat tree for our babies. After that Laurel had to go home to study and my sister had other plans, so Brandon and I hit up Winners, Home Sense, Costco, and Superstore. With our car full to the brim we decided to hit the road home and spend the night watching Netflix curled up in bed :)

Sunday (my 23rd birthday!) turned out to be wonderful! Brandon bought me an essential oils kit for my birthday so he had his friend who sold it to him come over to explain it more to us. Then we went to work to make our first batch of salsa. It takes a lot of chopping and prepping but then you leave everything simmering for 3 hours. During those 3 hours I curled up on the couch and caught up on my DVR shows and Brandon snuck off to the store. Brandon surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and he made me supper (schnitzel, potato wedges, and broccoli) with wine and treat pizza for dessert :) He then poured me a bath and had wine, candles, and rose petals in the bathroom! It was a perfect, low-key birthday and I really am a lucky girl. 

Time is sure flying by quickly but I know that 23 is going to be an amazing year! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)