Tuesday 18 August 2015

Weekend Love

Displaying IMG_0684.JPG
Weekends spent with this guy are my favourite :)
Somehow weekends always seem to come and go in a blink of an eye. I usually spend so much time anticipating their arrival and then I end up packing so much into every weekend that they fly right on by.

This past weekend is no exception. My weekend started with my wonderful boss letting me off work an hour early. So I booked it home (in the 35 degree heat) to anticipate the arrival of my best friend Justine and her daughter Casey. Friday night we hit up Boston Pizza for supper and then we stayed up until 1 a.m. catching up over wine! We woke up at 8 a.m. on Saturday morning and ate a delicious breakfast and got ready to head to Splash Island. Fortunately we got in a solid hour at Splash Island before it started to rain and storm. We headed home and shortly after Justine & Casey packed up and headed home again. After they left, we pouted for a little  bit because we already missed Casey saying "auntie" and "uncle" and running to the window every time a train went by saying "choo choo". She is the sweetest little girl and we love her so much! Also, Justine is officially one of my bridesmaids and Casey is the flower girl for our wedding. We are so excited!

After they left, we made some lunch and then hit the road to Winnipeg. We did a bit of shopping around before meeting up with Brandon's best friend Sarah and her boyfriend Matt. We went to Stella's for supper which was amazing as always and then we hit up the VIP theatre to see Fantastic Four. Going into the movie, I was kind of dreading the movie choice since it's not something I would typically watch but I ended up really enjoying it! The movie theatre popcorn and tropical sangria definitely helped :) We then hit the road home to see our kitties.

Sunday was full of sleeping in, yummy breakfast wraps, grocery shopping, house work, an afternoon nap, a long walk after supper, and preparing for the week ahead :)

Here's to a wonderful, productive week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)