Thursday 14 January 2016

Currently...

Well so far, so good. I have visited this little blog of mine a few times already this year... so maybe I will actually keep it up. We shall see :)

reading: The Choice by Nicholas Sparks and The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor. The Happiness Advantage is a book that my workplace bought for all of their employees to encourage us to take care of ourselves in order to be more productive & engaged staff members. Each month we have challenges and get entered to win a draw. I won the December draw and got a $20 gift card to a local gift shop! :) Have I mentioned that I love my job and the people I work with?!


Shrimp, avocado & cucumber stack with spicy mayo. Delicious!

eating: delicious meals like the one above made by Brandon, he's my personal chef! Don't worry, that means I'm on clean up duty ;) we are considering doing a Whole30 in February, so we are looking up recipes and starting to cut some stuff out already!

loving: getting back into a routine after the holidays which has involved reaching my goal of 10,000 steps every day last week. I'm pretty proud of that since it currently feels like -30   in Manitoba, yikes! At home workouts have been really helping me when I don't feel like braving the cold to go to the gym. I especially love Jessica Smith videos.




watching: The Biggest Loser, a new season just started up. Also, Brandon and I just started watching Making a Murderer on Netflix just like the rest of the world!

looking forward to: starting the Whole30! I have been researching like crazy and I am excited to see how my body responds to the changes.

thinking about: how jealous I am of my parents who are jetting off to Arizona on Friday, I wish I could squeeze into their suitcase!

proud of: my sister, Stephanie, who passed her NAVLE which is her veterinary medicine licensing exam. It's been a long road for her and she is getting so close to graduating as Dr. Cook!


How could you not love that sweet little face?!

thankful for: blankets, space heaters, and warm bubble baths! haha good old Manitoba weather. But in all serious, I am thankful for my wonderful fiance, my family, my home, and my two sweet little munchkins.

Here's to a wonderful week full of motivation to reach our 2016 goals! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)